Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Nonsense for my friends

I hope to write more complimentary stuff in the future! I love you all.... -Catherine Moody, 2007-5-23

You're a wonderful friend to us, Mykyl,
And I do enjoy hearing you spykyl.
But when you start on mythology
And gossamer-ology,
I'm afraid that to me it's all Grykyl!


On Winning an Imaginary Game of Chess against Alphonsus

Alphonsus Peck! Alphonsus Peck!
Despite your fearsome intellect
And wise grey beard, I do suspect
You're in hot soup up to your neck!
Your pawn formation is a wreck,
Your queen is gone, your king's in check:
It's mate in three. Am I correct?
I'm stopping here, 'cause what the h*** —
There's nothing else that rhymes with "Peck"!


Our dear sister alphaTest03
is a genius at scripting and poetry;
I propose that we vote
alphaTest to promote
To the office of Brotherhood Notary!

5 comments:

Camilla said...

These are very clever Catherine!

But I feel left out - what can you come up with for me?!

Catherine Moody said...

Hee hee hee! Aww, thank you Princess. I hope I will come up with one for you eventually. A longer, more serious poem should be appearing here soon.

FD Spark said...

Yes very nice writing Catherine.
It's okay if you couldn't think of anything for me.

Anonymous said...

:) !

Alphonsus said...

Perhaps we should have a real game of chess one day. It's been a while, I admit. But was a rather competent player back in the day. :-)