Saturday, March 17, 2007

I need money

I haven't posted anything here for a long time. After seeing my blog my friends Mykyl and Alphonsus started their own blogs. They write so well and so often it puts me to shame. Every post of theirs is a masterpiece. Mykyl tells the story of my life better than I can myself.

All my friends are so talented. Yesterday FD made a beautiful collage, based on a bedroom scene by an old Italian master, with a couple of real ferns and a ruby-colored seat in front for an extremely realistic effect. Tyrol made a wonderful garden, Alphonsus has been selling his saunas, and Alpha and Zin have been busy and productive. I haven't been contributing anything useful to the Brotherhood or Faeria or Tyrol's garden.

I desperately need to make some money to pay back my friends for their generosity. I can't help feeling that at the end of the day, the best measure of our success is whether we have created something that people are willing to pay for. It wasn't like this in the beginning. I only wanted to make some friends, and find my family, and live with them happily ever after. But my friends have been spending money buying me clothes and pianos, developing photos to show me, and paying tier fees for land for me to hang out on. I must get a job, earn an income ... I'm not a newbie any more, I can't be lazy and live off charity, it's not right.

I've been trying to learn the magical workings of our world so I can make powerful artifacts to sell. But it hurts my head and it's so contrary to my nature. It's difficult remembering all those strange invocations---not only do you have to spell them right, you also need to pronounce capitals and lowercase very precisely, or your magic will falter. I've managed to train my cat Daisy to collect tips for me, and I have a very ugly mole who tends the garden for me, but I need to work harder ...

Poor FD seems rather unhappy these days. I want to do something for him and the Brotherhood. Maybe the new members will help.

No comments: